Go Green!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


We started off the festivities last monday when Jorden and I went to the dollar store with the goal to see how many green things we could find to send in a "Greenie" care package. Our friend, Char, just left on her mission to the Farmington New Mexico mission. It was fun to see what we came up with. Jorden's been really busy lately with work as I have been with homework, so being able to spend an evening together was so much fun. We were able to get a green mani-pedi kit, green mirror, a green jar (filled with some of our favorite scriptures), and a cake mix thrown fun all thrown in a green bag. 

Later, while mindlessly browsing Pintrest, I found an amazing recipe for No Bake Thin Mint Truffles. I have a weakness for anything mint, and since they were green I though - Why not make them for St. Patrick's Day!

The truffles were pretty easy to make; all you need is:

  • 1 Package Keebler GRASSHOPPER Mint Chocolate Cookies
  • 1/2 Brick of Cream Cheese
  • 1 Package Almond Bark (seperated)
  • Mint Green Food Coloring (I used Wilton coloring gel from Michael's Craft store)

  • The recipe tells you crumb the cookies in a food processor. 


    I crushed them in ziplock bags first because my food processor is puny.

    After crumbing the cookies you're supposed to add in the cream cheese in the food processor and pulse until the mixture is moist throughout. However, again with the food processor that did not go as planned. So I employed the never fail, hand mix method. Problem solved! I shaped them into tsp. sized balls and melted Almond bark. After dying the melted Almond bark green, I used skewers to dip in the cookie balls. 

    After the green bark hardened, I drizzled white bark over the top. They came out pretty decent for my first time using a double boiler. 


    The finished product

    We took these over to my brother and sister in law's for her birthday, and they were a HIT! Just a couple of these truffles will satisfy any sweet tooth. 

    3 comments:

    1. Oh my goodness!! I need to try these!! Thanks girl!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Those look yummy...I'll have to try them out with the Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies I have in the freezer : )

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. They're so good! I'm sure they'd be even better with real Thin Mints!

        Delete

    BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS